4.29.2010

The Perfect Food



I haven't been getting my projects done due to having house guests. Well, they are old friends here to fish with hubby. So, I've been making a few things to keep them fed. I thought I'd share a recipe for some marinated black eye pea dip that my hubby and my sister have dubbed "the perfect food". Because you can gobble it up with just some chips or put it over grilled chicken or mix it in with some rice. Pretty much whatever you want.



It's pretty simple. I took the photos after I had made the dip so I had to improvise for the staged photos! I did use a green bell pepper even though there is a red one in the pic. I think you can stick whichever you like in there and it would be just as good. Oh, and I didn't have fresh cilantro so I used what was in my cabinet but really, fresh is always better. One more thing, I only used 1 can of peas and 1/2 the pepper. I wanted a smaller batch. You really can't mess this up. The recipe makes a good sized batch. Enjoy!

2 cans black eye peas, rinsed and drained
1 can of shoe peg corn, drained
1 green pepper chopped
4 green onions chopped
1 tomato chopped
2 cloves of garlic pressed or chopped
1 c fresh parsley chopped (I don't think I use that much!)
1 T fresh cilantro chopped
1 bottle of Italian dressing (I eyeball it. You want enough so that it will absorb it while it's being chilled)
Always better to make ahead but digging in right away is allowed!

Linking up to Funk Junk's Saturday Nite Special!


1 comment:

  1. Anita~
    Thank you for posting the recipe~it looks delish! I am right with you on the red tags at Target (on your sidebar)
    Good luck with your blog and stinky starfish :)
    Love,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails